By becoming a Friend of Horatio’s Garden and supporting the charity with a small regular donation, you will be supporting patients with spinal injuries right across the UK now and for many years to come.
Regular gifts are essential in helping us to plan for and secure the future of each of our gardens. Every year, over 2,500 people in the UK sustain a spinal injury and we want to make sure that everyone who has to spend a prolonged period of time in hospital as a result has access to a Horatio’s Garden.
If you have a special, personal connection with one of our gardens in particular, you can choose to support this specific garden with your regular gift. Equally, you may prefer to help each of our gardens by giving an unrestricted regular gift, which simply means your incredible generosity will be used to fund horticultural therapy, creative workshops, seasonal events and much more in each Horatio’s Garden.
It costs £75,000 a year to care for each Horatio’s Garden, therefore your gift is truly vital.
• £8 a month could buy adapted gardening tools for every Horatio’s Garden so that every patient can get involved in gardening and enjoy horticultural therapy
• £10 a month could buy garden seating for friends and family to use when they visit the garden to spend time with their loved one
• £15 a month means patients can fill raised beds and planters with seasonal plants and grow their own fresh fruit and vegetables
• £25 a month could buy an adapted sewing machine so that all patients can take part in creative workshops that support their wellbeing
Celebrating and warmly welcoming our new Friends is really important to us, so this is just our little way of saying a huge ‘thank you’ to you for your wonderful generosity. In recognition of your incredible support, everyone who becomes a Friend will receive:
• A Horatio’s Garden lapel badge sent with a letter acknowledging your commitment to the charity. If your regular donation is £10 or more, you’ll also receive a beautifully bespoke small Emma Bridgewater Flower Mug.
• An exclusive email twice a year containing all the latest news from Horatio’s Garden, along with a few other treats.
• A unique, personal Christmas Card every year you’re a Friend of the charity.
Your gift will help us to support thousands of people affected by spinal injury who are currently facing extraordinarily difficult times.
For patients spending many months in hospital, like Scarlett pictured here, Horatio’s Garden becomes an integral part of their mental and physical rehabilitation.
For their friends and family, who often travel many miles to visit their loved one in hospital, Horatio’s Garden becomes a source of calm and comfort, just as it has been for Scarlett’s father, Michael.
For NHS staff, Horatio’s Garden is a place to retreat to for a respite from the stresses of the ward, as well as a place to be enjoyed alongside their patients.
It is thanks to the incredible kindness and generosity of our Friends that we will always be able to provide Scarlett, Michael and every single person affected by spinal injury with a beautiful place to appreciate and a thriving community to rely on in one of life’s toughest times.
We will always be immensely grateful for all your support and on behalf of everyone who has been, is and will be supported by Horatio’s Garden, we thank you.
To discover more about the power your regular gift could have, please click here to read Scarlett’s story
Gift Aid is a way for you to raise even more money for Horatio’s Garden, as we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you raise.
If you are an eligible tax payer, please consider taking just a minute to download and fill out the following form.
Once you have completed your form, you can send it back to us by either emailing a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting your form to our registered address at 2 Throope Down Office, Blandford Road, Coombe Bissett, Salisbury, SP5 4LN.
We really appreciate your support.