This brand new role is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in a dynamic, young charity helping to make a difference to people who have experienced spinal injuries. You will be working to develop a co-ordinated events and arts programme across the charity’s garden sites. In this new internship you will be working with one of our Trustees to help research and plan a programme for patients who are in the Spinal Injury Centres. The role will also include speaking to patients and NHS staff to collect testimonials and spending time in the gardens as well as in the Head Office.
We are looking for a graduate in arts or psychology who has an interest in art therapy, rehabilitation and psychology who would feel comfortable in a hospital setting and who would be able to undertake some independent research. There will be opportunities for training and development and you will travel between the charity’s UK wide gardens and meet patients, volunteers and staff. This is a full-time role (37.5 hours a week). You will need to be based either near our Head Office in Salisbury or within easy access of our gardens in Stanmore and Aylesbury. You must have a full, clean driving licence and use of a car. You will be reporting to trustee Victoria Holton. The role will be funded by the Rank Foundation’s Time to Shine Programme and is subject to a successful interview with Rank with a member of the charity’s team and is for a one-year contract.
The role will include:
• Working with the Trustee responsible for the garden arts and events programme
• Researching local arts group and charities
• Developing a plan for working with local groups to provide support to beneficiaries
• Researching and gathering testimonials from beneficiaries
• Liaising with the garden teams
• Developing a plan for keeping in touch with patients once they have left hospital
• Graduate level qualification
• Proven IT capabilities and adaptability to new techniques
• Excellent communication skills in person and over the phone
• Ability undertake independent research and to initiate research
• Confidence in travelling independently to different sites
We are looking for someone who has:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A willingness to learn new skills and to develop existing skills
• An inquisitive mind
• An empathic personality
• A positive, can-do and resilient attitude.
• Energy, enthusiasm and a sense of humour
• An ability to self-motivated and work independently, as well as part of a team
• Passion about the charity sector
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sectors of society.
If you would like any further information, please contact Victoria Holton by emailing email@example.com or calling 01722 326834.