We are seeking an enthusiastic administrative assistant to provide support to the Head Gardener at the charity’s hospital garden project at The Midland Centre for Spinal Injuries at The Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital in Oswestry. This high-profile garden, designed by Bunny Guinness, opened in August 2019 and is trailblazing the benefits of gardens and health.
The role will include general administration duties and coordination of volunteers and is a part-time post for 8 – 12 hours a week over two days, one to cover the Head Gardener’s day off and the other to cross over.
The role would suit someone who is efficient and organised, adaptable, friendly and loves spreadsheets as well as gardens. The administrative assistant will join a team across the charity’s existing projects. Working closely with the head gardener they will be involved in:
• Volunteer Coordination, training and recruitment
• Support to Head Gardener including administration and helping in the garden if needed
• Supporting patients and their families to use the garden
• Events support
• Garden tour organisation
• Purchasing necessary supplies for the garden
• Banking donations
• Posters and marketing around the garden
• Managing merchandise
• Lots of initiative and drive
• IT competence with using Microsoft 365 programmes
• Administrative experience at least 2 years
• Great communication skills
• Adaptable, friendly and a good sense of humour
• Volunteer coordination
• Love of gardens
The role is a fantastic opportunity for someone with all round administrative skills and an interest in gardens, wellbeing and a passion for people. We welcome informal enquires.
The post is available immediately. The role is flexible hours averaging 10 hours a week. Salary approx. £19,500 FTE equating to £5200 pa.
The project is located at the Robert Jones and Agnes Hunt Orthopaedic Hospital, Oswestry SY10 7AG
For enquiries please contact Imogen Jackson: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please send your CV and a one page covering letter to email@example.com