In the Coronavirus crisis patients with spinal injuries are going to need a safe garden sanctuary to be away from the ward and seek the calm of nature more than ever before. Our patients are facing increasing social isolation as visits to the spinal centres are being limited and the additional fears of the effect of the virus to them.
Our priority as a charity is to continue to support our beneficiaries whilst making them, our volunteers and our staff as safe as possible. The charity is working closely with the NHS clinical teams to provide vital support for our beneficiaries in these unprecedented times.
We are facing a 27% drop in our annual income as a result of events being cancelled so we are looking at new creative ways to fundraise. Anything you can do from home to help would be brilliant.
Your continued generosity is vital at this time and I want to thank you for helping us and reassure you of our utter commitment to provide sanctuaries for people facing such very difficult times.
Please may I ask you to consider making a one off donation or setting up a regular gift.
We have also launched a brand new fundraising initiative called Grow to Give, to get involved in supporting the charity in a truly practical way, please click here to find out more.
This is a very challenging time for us all and our hearts are with all those who are affected by the pandemic.
With love and thanks
From 18th March 2020 we have made the decision:
• Only patients from the spinal centre and their visitors (whilst they are still permitted depending on the local spinal injury centre’s policy) will be allowed to use the garden.
• All events in the gardens will be cancelled until the end of June initially and we will be reviewing the situation as the pandemic develops.
• All off site events including RHS shows and our fundraising events are cancelled until the end of June initially – please CLICK HERE for more information.
• Temporarily suspend all group activities in the gardens to minimise close social contact.
• Garden tours will be postponed – please CLICK HERE for more information.