Horatio’s Garden charity is looking for an experienced Fundraising leader to cover this maternity period.
We are a growing, award winning, national charity improving the lives of people with spinal injuries by creating and nurturing outstanding garden projects in NHS spinal injury centres.
The Director of Fundraising & Communications was a new role created in March 2020 and you will be responsible for delivering on the fundraising strategy that has been put in place, and amending it where required, to increase fundraising income to support the organisation’s growth plans. The fundraising strategy covers a diverse range of income streams (corporate, 3rd party, events, legacy, trusts, individuals & regional) therefore experience across a broad range of fundraising channels is preferable.
You will be responsible for managing and supporting the Fundraising and Communications team, which consists of four full time and two part time members of staff, all based in head office near Salisbury. Therefore, there is an expectation that you will spend 4 days per month in the office as a minimum.
For this exciting and challenging opportunity, you will need to have significant fundraising experience gained in a charitable environment, ideally as a Director or Head of Fundraising, whilst also having strong previous experience in leading fundraising campaigns and attracting and developing major corporate partnerships and building relationships with key donors including individuals and trusts.
You will have demonstrable experience and knowledge of the latest donor development techniques and experience of working on major fundraising initiatives, as well as proven experience of delivering fundraising targets.
• Director or Head of charity fundraising team
• Experience across a range of income streams
• Good understanding of financial management within a charity environment
• Track record of year on year income generation
• Successful team performance management
• Development and implementation of fundraising strategies
• Development and management of budgets and delivering targets
• Operating within an environment of growth and change
• Outgoing, positive, engaging personality
• Calm under pressure
• Outstanding team management skills
• Strategic, intelligent thinker
• Confident to implement strategic change
• Highly experienced presentation skills
• Ability to hit the ground running
Please apply with covering letter and two page CV to Bethan Cummings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date 31st January 2021