Fundraising Officer – Trusts & Foundations and Corporate Fundraising
Job Purpose: To generate sustainable income from Trusts and Foundations and through Corporate Fundraising and to meet, and where possible, exceed income targets.
Horatio’s Garden is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced Fundraising Officer to join our growing fundraising team and help make a difference to the lives of people with spinal injuries. We are seeking someone who is progressing their career and is looking for a new opportunity to join a dynamic charity – you will be given ongoing support, training and mentoring throughout the job.
The high-profile charity is bringing beautifully designed and built garden projects to NHS spinal injury centres. We work with well-known, leading garden designers and architects to create outstanding spaces in the heart of the NHS. We then maintain the gardens and deliver therapeutic activities in collaboration with the clinical teams.
We currently have five garden projects in Salisbury, Stoke Mandeville, Oswestry, London and Glasgow with a sixth due to open early next year in Wales and a further in design phase in Northern Ireland with further capital projects planned over the next 5-10 years.
Trusts & Foundations
1. Identify and research grant giving trusts and foundations to whom Horatio’s Garden is eligible to submit applications for funding
2. Manage and maintain the Trusts and Foundations pipeline to maximise supporter retention and income generation
3. Proactively approach relevant trusts and foundations, where possible, to discuss potential applications before submission
4. Prepare and submit high quality applications and proposals for funding to grant giving trusts and foundations for both restricted and unrestricted funding
5. Prepare and submit high quality, timely progress reports to grant givers, contributing to longer term relationship development with funders
6. Identify and take opportunities to engage grant givers with Horatio’s Garden, contributing to longer term relationships
1. Identify and research potential corporate supporters with whom Horatio’s Garden could develop mutually beneficial relationships
2. Proactively source and develop leads for future funding opportunities and partnerships
3. Establish relationships with potential corporate supporters, stewarding them successfully to becoming committed supporters of Horatio’s Garden
4. Prepare and submit high quality applications, proposals and pitches to potential corporate supporters to secure financial support
5. Maintain relationships with existing corporate supporters, ensuring long term engagement and development of the relationship with them
6. Create bespoke corporate and employee engagement plans with corporate partners and drive engagement with key Horatio’s Garden campaigns and events
7. Manage effective reporting mechanisms with corporate partners, ensuring they clearly understand the impact of their support
1. Work with the garden, arts programme and finance teams at Horatio’s Garden to understand the need for funding and the impact of Horatio’s Garden in order to maintain profitable relationships with supporters
2. Ensure all contact and communications with supporters is recorded on our CRM database and on pipelines to enable continuity with supporters across the team
3. Keep up to date with trends and developments in fundraising in order to identify opportunities for Horatio’s Garden to increase sustainable income
4. Actively contribute to team and organisation meetings, ensuring you use your knowledge and skills to shape the future development of Horatio’s Garden
5. Actively contribute to projects and activities across the organisation, supporting colleagues and volunteers where necessary
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
• Proven track record of securing four to six figure gifts from trusts and foundations and businesses
• Experience of completing prospect research and creating and managing a pipeline of donor prospects, through cultivation, ask and stewardship
• Proven track record of meeting or exceeding financial targets
• Very strong interpersonal skills – able to communicate well with others and quickly build credibility
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Persuasive and effective writing skills, with an eye for detail
• Numerate and able to interpret data and trends
• Ability to manage a varied workload, work on own initiative to multiple tight deadlines with demonstrable time management skills and processes
• Ability to form and maintain good relationships and to work within a team
• Experience of working with a CRM database
• High level of efficiency – able to work under pressure
• Energetic with initiative and drive
• Knowledge of the Fundraising Code of Practice and its implications in this role
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook
• Empathy and understanding of the issues faced by spinal injury patients
This is a full-time role based in the charity’s office in Salisbury for minimum 3 days a week.
Salary will depend on experience £23,000 to £25,000.
Please apply by emailing Jenna Lewis at email@example.com with covering letter and two-page CV.
Application Closing Date: Friday 21st January 2022.
We welcome informal enquiries. Horatio’s Garden is an equal opportunity employer.